Monday, February 14, 2011

The Greatest Love

I feel that since it it Valentines Day in our attempts to impress those we love by the things we give and do, we often forget of the sacrifices many people have made because of their love to help us in our lives. For me there are many people that have made sacrifices to help me in mine. Yet still I sometimes forget the love that my savior Jesus Christ has for me. In 1 John chapter 4 verses 16, 18, and 19 we learn of this love. Vs. 16 "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." Vs. 18 "There is no fear in love; bur perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." Vs. 19 "We love him, because he first loved us." It is wonderful to think that if we have love for God we have no need to fear. He set the example for us because he first loved us. The way that we show our love for him is by keeping his commandments. John 15:9-14. I know that if we show our love for our Savior Jesus Christ by keeping his commandments, we will have greater blessings come into our lives and the lives of those around us.   http://www.mormon.org/commandments/

No comments:

Post a Comment